Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's give em' an offer they can't refuse


We decided to put an offer down on the house! We fell in love and knew it had to be ours. First though we had to get approved by the bank for a loan.




I freaked out! My credit wasn't that great and I had been diligently repairing it as I waited those dreaded 7 years for things to get erased off my report. Of course NOW it would come bite me in the ass. So, Vadim and I got our paperwork together including tax returns etc and handed them over to the mortgage guy who I will call EDDIE.

"Sir ya just gotta give us this mortgage...you just gotta"

I was so nervous that it was going to be me that would prevent us getting this mortgage. OHH I though to myself all that stuff I did wrong. All the late payments. All the dumb store cards. If I would have just been smarter 10 years ago I wouldn't have bad credit. Blah blah blah. Then the phone call came. Apparently I had been doing something right. My credit score had shot up through the roof. Vadim and I both had great credit!!! YIPEEEEE!! I hadn't checked in awhile and it felt so good I almost cried! Also, our combined earnings got us pre-approved for the loan. Everything was perfect! Was I in a movie????




"All my dreams are coming true!"

So the next part was to put down an offer. We thought a reasonable offer would be in the middle of where they wanted to sell the house. It had gone down in price a significant amount a week prior so thought of a fair price and put in our offer. Now I had been OBSESSED with shows on HGTV like Property Virgins and Our First Place so I knew kind of how this worked. Vanessa went back to them with our offer and after a few small negotiations they accepted!!!! Wow that was wonderful!! The only problem was that we could not celebrate together in one place. I got the phone call up in Mass and then called him in New York City. It was great. This is what we had wanted forever. Now the stressful part begins. 

The attorney review is going on as we speak so now we are caught up to where we need to be in the process. Basically during this time we are looking at contracts, getting everything set up including the home inspection and financial stuff and then (fingers crossed) close on the 19th of July. This process is stressful because at anytime during the ten days the homeowners can pull out and if the home inspection does not go well it could mean trouble. Now I'm not expecting any problems with the house. The owners are amazing and took impeccable care of their home so I think if anything happens it would be something easily fixed. So, now we wait and do each step as it comes. In the meantime I'm planning and dreaming of what to do with my house when I move in. 
Painting the fence white perhaps

Peonies bushes in front of the house





Can't wait to see what happens next! Gotta run to the gym. I have to fit into some major costumes in a few weeks!















1 comment:

  1. Well, it sounds like you're doing everything right so far! The house looks beautiful, but more importantly, the fact that you both 'just knew' as soon as you walked in the door is the biggest sign. The same thing happened to my husband and I when we were house hunting. We knew right away as soon as we saw it, and we've been living there happily for 5 years this September! Fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete